Quote of the Day by John J Sullivan (602) 989-0099

Quote of the Day from John J. Sullivan, the Arizona Tile Contractor in Scottsdale Arizona.

John Sullivan - Quote of the Day

602-989-0099

Mostly Retired Arizona Tile Contractor
Scottsdale and vicinity Tile Installation
Click on my name above for my Home Page


My Favorite Quote of the Day - Daily Quotes


Monday, June 30, 2014

Oscar Wilde

Biography lends to death a new terror.
- Oscar Wilde

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pele

Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.
- Pele

Friday, June 27, 2014

Albert Einstein

The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.
- Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Benjamin Franklin

He does not posses wealth that allows it to possess him.
- Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chinese proverb

“Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
- Chinese proverb

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Karl Marx

Anyone who knows anything of history knows that great social changes are impossible without feminine upheaval. Social progress can be measured exactly by the social position of the fair sex, the ugly ones included.
- Karl Marx

Monday, June 23, 2014

Mahatma Gandhi

As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Leonardo da Vinci

Who sows virtue reaps honor.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wayne Pearson

It's amazing how persuasive a sledgehammer can be.
- Wayne Pearson

Friday, June 20, 2014

Jean Paul Getty

Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells.
- Jean Paul Getty

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

C. S. Lewis

[God] is not proud...He will have us even though we have shown that we prefer everything else to Him.
- C. S. Lewis

Monday, June 16, 2014

James C. Dobson

Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without.
- James C. Dobson

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Eleanor Roosevelt

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962)

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Helen Rowland

There is a vast difference between the savage and the civilized man, but it is never apparent to their wives until after breakfast.
- Helen Rowland

Friday, June 13, 2014

Dana Eagle

Studies show that 80 percent of the population suffers from depression, and the other 20 percent of you cause it.
- Dana Eagle

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Chevy Chase

Actors search for rejection. If they don't get it they reject themselves.
- Chevy Chase

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dean Rusk

One of the best ways to persuade others is with your ears - by listening to them.
- Dean Rusk

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Woody Allen

I am at two with nature.
- Woody Allen

Monday, June 09, 2014

Moliere

A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one.
- Moliere

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Natalie Goldberg

“Anything we fully do is an alone journey.”
- Natalie Goldberg

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Enjoy the spring of love and youth, to some good angel leave the rest; For time will teach thee soon the truth, there are no birds in last year’s nest.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Friday, June 06, 2014

Terry Pratchett

“Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.”
- Terry Pratchett (1948 -)

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Howard Scott

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
- Howard Scott

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Sir Winston Churchill

"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught."
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Joseph Conrad

"Being a woman is a terribly difficult task since it consists principally in dealing with men."
- Joseph Conrad

Monday, June 02, 2014

Homer

A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.
- Homer

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Mark Twain

...gratitude is a debt which usually goes on accumulating like blackmail; the more you pay, the more is exacted. In time, you are made to realize that the kindness done you is become a curse and you wish it had not happened.
- Mark Twain




Quotes of the Day






Famous Quotes Mailing List - and More Daily Quotes